Here is how I did it:
- Trim your white or cream cardstock to desired size. The recommended size in the newsletter was 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" but instead I cut mine to be a little bigger than the size of the plate.
- I chose three of the SU ink spots (Real Red, Yoyo Yellow and Only Orange) but any dye ink with work.
- Using the lightest color first I completely covered the plate. Then I dotted some Only Orange around the plate, followed by Real Red.
- The next step was to spritz the plate with water, the more you spritz the more the ink runs together.
- Take the cardstock and place it over the plate, rubbing lightly to absorb the ink. Remove and let dry.
- Trim as desired and Voilà, a fabulous background!