Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Birthday Card Bash

What better way to chase away the winter blues than with some bright colors!  We are in for another snowstorm today, 6 - 10" on top of the 6" that we got last Saturday.  Welcome to life in New England!  Ha ha ha.  When will Spring be here????

Anyway, this Sunday I am hosting a Birthday Card Bash where attendees will make 5 birthday cards.  Not a bad way to augment your collection or start one!  Here is a peek at a few of the cards:

This card was designed by fellow A Muse Studio Consultant Diane Martin.  I love this one!  What a great card for boys and guys!  You of course could change it up and use more feminine colors.   Guy cards are usually the hardest to make so when I find one that I love, I go for it!

Card Info:
Stamps: Rock Star, Come Fly with Me, Chevrons, That's the Ticket
Ink: pumpkin, navy, wasabi, slate, seattle, french roast, cobalt
Embellishments: Cherry Spray Splash and Winter Sky Spray Splash, Vanilla Twine


This card is a CASE of a set that I received from Karen Mahoney as part of a Thank You gift for hosting a Silpada party in my house.  The design is so simple and can be used for any occasion!  I have used this design for birthday cards, thank you's, sympathy, just because and anniversaries.  Oh so easy!

Card Info:
Stamps: Modern Zinnia, Contemporary Greetings
Ink: Mermaid, Versafine Onyx Black


I love this one!  It is such a happy card and can be used for many occasions.  The colors are so much fun and bright.  This card is an example of cutting apart stamps to get more use from them.  I cut the splats which were together as 3 into three separate images and was then able to ink them up in different colors and use them all over the card.  I know some may be hesitant to cut apart images but it really gives you much more use!

Card Info:
Stamps: Tini Time, Sweet Celebrations
Ink: Grapefruit, Lime, Ocean, Saffron, Versafine Onyx Black

No comments: