Thursday, June 6, 2013

Patriotic Cards

With all the birthday celebrations and graduations June is FLYING by!  Wow I cannot believe that I am already planning for July but alas it is not really that far away.

Do you send out cards for Independence Day?  I have for the past few years and since I love stars I wanted to use them for my 4th of July cards that I will be sending out.  Two of the cards that I will be featuring at my Patriotic Cards Workshop on June 8th are below.  The third design is still bouncing around in my head.

First card is something that another A Muse Studio Consultant Melissa Roell posted and I have also seen other variations on Pinterest (gotta LOVE Pinterest!).


The second card is my design and I am happy with the way it came out.  I love the double die cutting of the stars though I do have to say that if you are making a large quantity your arm is going to get a workout!
The dies I used are the A Muse Studio Star Trio and the Fishtail Pennant.  I die cut the star first using the largest Star die and then double die cut it using the smallest Star die.   It is a fabulously fun technique to do. It is one of the techniques that will be featured at my Camp Wanna Stamp workshops coming up in July and August (stay tuned).  

Of course all products are A Muse Studio!  The sentiments used on both cards is from the Let Freedom Ring stamp set.  

If you have questions about either card, feel free to post a comment or send me an email.




No comments: