Sunday, May 13, 2012

Color My World - A Muse Studio Challenge Blog

 I love butterflies!  This week's A Muse Studio Consultant Blog Challenge is themed 'Color My World'.  The challenge is to use coloring of some sort. Copic Markers, Colored Pencils, Watercoloring, Paints, Inks, etc.

I chose to use Copic Markers.  I first stamped the butterflies from the Papillon set using Memento Tuxedo Black.  I colored the blue butterfly using B21 and B24.  For the pink butterfly I used RV11 and RV17.  The shadowing effect was done first coloring the complete butterfly using the lightest color, then selectively highlighting areas with the darker color.  Blending the colors was doing by going back over the whole butterfly in the lightest color using circular strokes to blend the colors.

I stamped the base image and sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black with the Sunny Side of Life set.   To give depth to the card I popped the butterflies up.   Voila!

1 comment:

Seleise said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you put it all together! I've got to get Sunny Side of Life when it's back in stock.