Monday, January 9, 2012

Embossing Adhesive

Finished card with embossed adhesive on the flowers
Well this is a first for me!  This week's A Muse Studio Challenge Blog challenge is to emboss adhesive.

At first I could not come up with something that I was happy with.  I tried embossing the Red Line tape as others have done but it was not working for me.

So I decided that I was not going to participate in this challenge.

But then a funny thing happened on my way to work this morning.  I thought, why not use the Glue Pad and emboss the super cute paper flowers?

So that is exactly what I did.  I first colored the flowers using the Bubblegum, Orange, Papaya and Ocean inks, dabbed them on the glue pad and then dipped them into the embossing powder.  Zapped them with the heat gun and I was impressed with the results!  The EP makes the flowers look like they have dew on them.  Super cute!!!

Close up of flowers
To finish up the card I used a metal ruler to guide me with my black Copic Multi-liner to draw the sentiment box and used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Celebrate in Style set.  I also added some bling to the center of the flowers, popped them up for added dimension.

I am really happy that I gave this challenge a try and I hope you will too!

Please be sure to play along on the A Muse Studio Challenge Blog.  With prizes given weekly, why not?




No comments: