Monday, December 12, 2011

SNOWFLAKES Challenge

Thankfully there are no snowflakes on the ground now but I am sure that is only temporary given that I live in New England!

I am the host of this week's A Muse Studio Challenge Blog and I chose the theme of SNOWFLAKES!  I love them and prefer to look at them through a window while in a nice, warm cozy building and not through a windshield.  Last winter I got hit by a guy not paying attention to the little buggers coating the road and he slid right into my car.  Not a fun day!

Anyway, the project that I made using snowflakes is a gift card holder.  This is super simple to make and can be used for any occasion. 


Cut a piece of cardstock 3 3/4" x 7".  Score it at 3" and 6".  Fold cardstock to create Make a belly band 1 1/2" x 7"  in coordinating colors.  Using an A1 envelope, seal it and trim off the sides just a hair to create a sleeve.  Fold the envelope in half so the sleeves are facing up.  Using a 1 1/2" circle punch, punch each sleeve opening to create a finger notch (optional).  Stamp front of envelope as desired and attach using adhesive on the back of the envelope to the inside of the cardstock.  Bend belly band around the gift card holder and adhere ends together.  Decorate band and outside of gift card holder as desired.  Insert a gift card and a To/From card into each of the sleeves and  Voila!  A gorgeous, super simple gift card holder!


2 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oooo Pamela I LOVE this!

Chelsea said...

I love this big snowflake!