Monday, November 14, 2011

Metal Embossing

Metal Embossing!  Have you ever tried it?  Well this weeks A Muse Studio Challenge Blog challenge is to create a card using Metal Embossing.  What is that you say?  It is embossing using tin foil over an embossing folder.  This is the first time I have ever tried embossing with tin foil and I am pretty happy with the results.

I used the A Muse Studio Woodgrain Embossing Die that I adhered to a piece of cardstock before I embossed it.  It is easier to do it that way instead of trying to apply adhesive to the foil after it was embossed.

For the leaves from the Autumn Leaves set I used the following colors:  Cranberry, Orange, Wasabi, Apricot and Toffee.  I applied some of the ink using daubers to get the multicolored look that we get here in New England in the Fall.  I added the sentiment in French Roast from the Essential Sentiments set.  The embossed layer is attached to a piece of French Roast and then adhered to a Vanilla cardbase.

I hope that you will participated in this week's challenge.  Be sure to post your link here!

No comments: