Saturday, October 1, 2011

World Card Making Day Blog Hop


Happy World Card Making Day 2011!  

I hope you get to celebrate this day making your own cards.  Isn't it great to have a day to celebrate doing something that we LOVE!  For me, making cards feeds my creative side and my family and friends get to receive the end results!  It is a win-win situation for everyone!

So to celebrate this day I have not a but 2 cards for you in honor of WCMD and my favorite time of the year - CHRISTMAS!  I love everything about Christmas and as my family knows I love to decorate my house for the holiday season and spend HOURS decorating our Christmas tree.  It is a total labor of love.

I also love winter time and snow on trees.  This card that I made exemplifies how beautiful it is here in New England when there is fresh snow on the evergreen trees.  It is breathtaking!


My favorite Christmas story is The Polar Express and the Santa image from the A Christmas Carol set reminds me of it.    

Card Details:  All products A Muse Studio except where noted. 
Images: Winter Stag & A Christmas Carol
Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black, a|s Sugar, Winter Sky and Navy
Embellishments: a|s Pearls, embossing powder, a|s Diamond Glitter, a|s buttons and twine, Copic Markers R29, RV11, 110, W6, E00, YG23, R00, E33, E37, W2




14 comments:

Lisa said...

Your first card is elegant. The second card uses one of my favorite new images. Wonderful job coloring it!! Beautiful job on both cards!!

Heather said...

They are both lovely!

Chelsea said...

Great Holiday cards!

April said...

That tree is stunning! TFS

Seleise said...

love your cards! the tree is really lovely but the santa image is great too!

Angie said...

The coloring is beautiful!

Carissa said...

The winter stag card makes me want to visit new england! How beautiful.

Sarah/WAstamper said...

Love the tree card - so elegant.

Ronnie said...

Your cards are wonderful! I love your first card, and the second is the perfect card for the Holidays.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

Both of your cards are fabulous! Your coloring of the image on the second card is awesome. And the tree is gorgeous on the first card.

Suzanne said...

Hi Pamela! I know what you mean about the snow on the trees - so beautiful. Your cards are so elegant! Hope you had a fun day!

Patti J said...

What beautiful cards!!! The tree is just gorgeous, and the Santa card takes me back many years! Great job on both :)

Amber said...

That tree from Winter Stag is stunning! You showcased it beautifully!

Dana K. said...

Oh wow, I LOVE your tree card - so beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration and for a fun give-away!