Monday, October 17, 2011

Not Your Grandma's Bag of Buttons

Don't you love the name of A Muse Studio's buttons, Not Your Grandma's Bag of Buttons?  Well they are aptly named for sure!  I love their buttons.  The colors are awesome and there are so many ways to incorporate them into your crafty goodness.

For the A Muse Studio Consultant Challenge this week we are to use buttons.  I hope you enjoy my card!  I also incorporated another technique (TJ's Spirelli Technique) with the twine on my card.  I think the a|s Bakers Twine makes it look like part of the spider's web the way it is wound around the scallop circle.  And the Sleepy Hollow text paper just makes for a great background for the spider!

Enjoy and I hope to see YOUR entry into the challenge!




Instructions on the Spirelli Technique: 
Start with the twine at the top of the circle, slightly to the right with the twine end adhered to the back of the scallop with adhesive.  Keep a firm grip on the twine but not too tight as to make the scallop circle buckle.

Loop the twine through the divide between the scallops and going left count down 7 scallops and wind twine though the divide and back up to the left of the first loop.  Loop twine to the right of the last loop and repeat so that you are filling in the scallops to the left of the top scallop and to the right of the bottom scallop.  Repeat pattern until you have filled in the amount of twine desired.  

I left 8 scallops open.  Adhere the end to the back of the scallop with more adhesive.

This technique can be used with any scallop shapes.  I hope you enjoy the results!

4 comments:

horseygal said...

Pamela, I love your work!
That spider web is awesome! Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Pamela said...

I updated my posting to include instructions. I hope you like the technique!

Elena said...

Hi Pamela! I saw this card on the A|S challenge blog. What a fabulous idea for the spider web. I love it!

Chelsea said...

I love what you did here only going partially around ... brilliant!