Monday, September 19, 2011

Make Your Own Embellishments

Welcome to this week's A Muse Studio Consultants Blog Challenge!  The challenge is to make your own embellishments.   There are so many ways to make your own embellishments.  Add a button with some ribbon or twine, glitter a butterfly die cut, add some glitter to scor-tape, twinkle stickers, bows, etc.  So many possibilities!

I wanted to use one of the Holiday sets for my card and decided on the Snow Crystals set.  Aren't the snowflakes gorgeous!

To give them a little pop I added some twinkle stickers that I colored with Copic Markers to match the inks that I used.  For the focal image I took one of the paper flowers from the Meadow Mix and sponged on some Winter Sky ink to match the other Winter Sky snowflakes.  I love the technique of sponging ink onto the paper flowers!  It is so much fun to make the flowers really pop.  They are the perfect embellishment!  To finish it off the center image I added a larger twinkle sticker to the middle of the flower.   

I know I do not want to rush winter but these snowflakes are too cute!

Card Details:
images: Snow Crystals
ink: Navy, Pebble, Winter Sky
embellishments: Meadow Mix Paper Flowers, Clear Twinkle Stickers, Copic Markers
cardstock: Vanilla

No comments: