Sunday, September 11, 2011

Inky Fingers Blog Hop - It's Fall


Well it's almost Fall! Welcome to the A Muse Studio - Inky Fingers Team Blog Hop! This month's theme is, you guessed it, Fall or rather all things autumnal!

Did you just come from Tobey's blog? If not, you do not want to miss all the other wonderful stops on the blog hop so be sure to start at Liz's blog before you come back here!

Living in New England we get spoiled with all the gorgeous foliage colors but we do not take it for granted. I love seeing those colors, the reds, oranges and yellows! There is no better place to be in the Fall than in New England!

So onto my card! I used the a|s Autumn Leaves set with the Mortise Masking Technique for the frame (in Toffee). I just love the Autumn Leaves set! The possibilities with the leaves are endless with the color combinations and designs you can come up with!

The first thing I did was to make the frame. Next I sponged the ink colors (Cherry and Orange) onto the leaves using daubers but first stamping the sentiment (in Nutmeg) for placement. I added some pearls for some extra bling and some of the beautiful French Roast satin ribbon and I love how it came out. Change up the colors and leaves and you have another fabulous card!

For more details on Mortise Masking, check out Julie Ebersole's video here.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Pamela, you nailed it with the masking technique! Beautiful!

Shari B. said...

Beautiful card!