Friday, September 2, 2011

Blog Hop - What's New?

Welcome to the September A Muse Studio Consultant Blog Hop!

I hope you have enjoyed the blog hop so far!  Aren't Carla's cards cute!  If you missed it, then you should start from the beginning with Samantha's blog until you come to my blog.

This month the challenge is to create a card using products that are in the new Holiday Catalog & Inspiration Guide.  Since Halloween is not that far away I decided to use images from the Too Cute To Spook set.  This card is a CASE from a sample that was on display at the Nashua On The Road event.

I first stamped the sentiment on the tag to be sure that the placement was right for the cat and pumpkin.  Next I stamped the black cat.  For the pumpkin I stamped it on Sugar CS in Memento Tuxedo Black since I would be coloring it with Copic Markers.  To color the pumpkin I used YG17, Y08, YR16 and YR18.  I then fussy cut the pumpkin and turned it over and using a pencil I drew the cut line to separate the pumpkin into two pieces.  To finish off the black cat I used the Onyx Flock on the body and colored the cats eyes with YG17.  I popped the pumpkin on top of the cat to make him appear to be peeking out.  Added the Onyx Twine bow, added the tag to the Orange CS and put the tag on the Onyx Polka Dot card base.

Isn't the black cat cute peeking out of the pumpkin!


Here is a close up of the black cat! All fuzzy and cute!

Card details:
All products A Muse Studio except where noted
image: Too Cute To Spook
ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
embellishments: Copic markers, Onyx Twine, Onyx Flock, Tag Dies

Now off to Liana's blog for the next stop on the hop!

20 comments:

Lianna Vigil said...

OMG! you are a creative genius and that tag and card are SO CUTE! LOVE this!

Carla Cabrera said...

Awesome idea. I just love it.

Jeremy and Samantha said...

So ORIGINAL love the split pumpkin with the fuzzy kittie. Thanks for participating in the hop!

Patty Mowery said...

Very nice job. I must have missed that stamp in the catalog. I have so many others, I forget just what I do have. Love your flocking. Card looks GREAT!!

Laura said...

I love this. The cat is so cute peeking out of the pumpkin!

Tyuana said...

That's adorable!! He's so fuzzy!!

Melissa said...

Very cute Halloween card. I will have to give this a try!

Chelsea said...

This is sooooo cute! Love it!

Shari B. said...

What an adorable card - I love your fuzzy cat!!!

Carissa said...

how awesome! so cute.

Tara J. said...

O.M.G. Your card is amazing!!!

I LOVE the little cat popping out of the pumpkin!!! He's adorable!

Karen Crisp said...

Don't you just love the flocking? Cutest card

VanessaB said...

ohmygoodness you are CREATIVE! i love love LOVE this card. What a great, fun idea (note to self: card lift this idea). :)

Sue D said...

Very cute with the cat peeking from the pumpkin!

Susan said...

That cat is adorable!

*Analyn* said...

i love the cat out of the pumpkin! too cute!

Tami said...

The pumpkin is gorgeously colored!

Maria said...

How very clever, well done

Heather said...

this is just too too cute! very clever.

Melanie said...

Amazing job, all that texture just rocks. I think Halloween cards are up there with Xmas and Birthdays - shame I live in Australia and don't have anyone here to give one to.