Monday, September 26, 2011

Blog Challenge - TWINE

I am the hostess this week for the A Muse Studio Consultants Challenge Blog. For my challenge week I chose TWINE! A Muse Studio has awesome twine in a bunch of great colors: vanilla, french roast, navy, shell, coffee, fern and the multi-colored cherry/white, onyx/white and french roast/white. So many to choose from!

So for my card I used a Spirelli technique from the Technique Junkies newsletter. Remember those crafts you used to make when you were younger with the popsicle sticks? Well this technique is something like that.

I first cut out my scallop background using the French Roast Shimmer Cardstock. Then using the a|s Vanilla twine I started in the back and wound the twine through one scallop and then counted down and looped it back. Move up one and down 5, repeat until the whole scallop is complete!

For the center focal image I chose the Bounty of the Season set. I sponged the image with a|s Wheat and Toffee inks. Stamped it on a|s Vanilla CS and using the sentiment from the same set I stamped it using a|s French Roast ink. The circle was popped up and mounted on the scallop circle.

For the card base I used the a|s Woodgrain Impression Die (which I LOVE) on Vanilla CS and ran it through my BIGSHOT. For accents I used a strip of the French Roast Damask Shimmer CS and more twine and voila! I hope you enjoy it and try that technique.


Here is a close up of the center image

1 comment:

Carla said...

I love the way this card turned out! Whoever gets it will probably keep it forever!