Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Blog Hop - What Summer Means

Welcome to the A Muse Studio August Blog Hop - What summer means!

If you are taking part in the blog hop, you should have come from Lori Barnett's  blog.  If not, then you should start from the beginning with her blog until you come to my blog.   It would be a shame to miss out on any of the wonderful cards!

To me Summer is all about the ocean and beaches. There is nothing more calming than walking on the beach, looking for those elusive sand dollars, listening to the waves and feeling the cool New England water on your feet. I have always felt better when I am on the beach. My family loves it as well. It is nothing to see the four of us lounging on the beach reading books, placing chess, backgammon or bocce, having our favorite beach foods: grapes, Wheat Thins, Twizzlers and Tootsie Pops. We have our traditions! Over the years we have spent time at the Cape and New Hampshire but our favorite place is Maine. Whether it is York Beach, Wells or Ogunquit we will be there. It is us as a family and it is my dream to retire to someplace near the ocean!

So to capture all that in a card here is my take: Two beach chairs, a sand dollar, the sand, waves and a gorgeous sunset!  Life is a breeze!!!


Card Details:
All products A Muse Studio
Stamps: Life's A Breeze, Grunged Sunrays, Swanky Backgrounds
Inks: Bermuda, Blueberry, Ocean, Apricot, Watermelon, Orange, Latte
Misc.: Fiskars Border Punch

Now onto Vanessa Buzard's blog!

17 comments:

Jeremy and Samantha said...

adorable card, thanks for participating in the hop!

*Analyn* said...

great minds think alike! i love putting two beach chairs together...i love ur card! ;p

Lori Barnett said...

Girl...this is awesome! Are you lounging in one of those chairs? hee hee hee

VanessaB said...

love it! the sun burst really "wows" this card!

Sassy said...

Awesome summer scene!

Melissa said...

Very creative! I love the grunged sunrays in the background.

Karen said...

Wow...LOVE LOVE LOVE! One chair for you and one for me? I really like the sun rays in the background...what a great use for that stamp! You are so creative!

Carissa said...

makes me want to go on vacation.

Cathy P in AZ said...

Clever scene! Really fabulous!

sherri said...

WOW! I love what you did with the sunray. I really need this stamp! This is wonderful!!!

Doris Garvey said...

Wonderful card!

Martha said...

what an amazing card :)

Tami said...

This is amazing- I absolutely LOVE this!

Stamping Dana said...

Wow! Me likey!

Kelly Spivey said...

LOVE your card! It is so cool and I love the way you used the Grunged Sunray and the chairs. Perfection! =)

jan farnworth said...

love the wave border punch

kari bell said...

such a fun card! i want to head of to the beach immediately.