Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Blog Challenge Week 2

It is the second week of the A Muse Studio Consultants Blog Challenge and the inspiration for this week's challenge was this photo. The colors are awesome! So beachy feeling and with the butterflies it is it a great combination. Plus since this coming Labor Day weekend is sort of the un-official last weekend of Summer it is great timing!

I love the beach and I also love butterflies (aka flutterbys)! I have a bunch of butterfly bushes in my yard and I love to watch the Monarchs and Swallowtails flit around and they frantically try to get every drop of nectar they can. They are so graceful and pretty! I am fortunate to live near Butterfly Place and to see so many butterflies is incredible. When they land on you it is something special!

So on to my card:

I used the orange from the inspiration card and of course had to add butterflies! I stamped them on the background of the card base using the a|s Orange ink first. I then embossed the base with the Harlequin embossing die (love the texture). I am enamored with the watercolor effect you get when using markers so I decided to color the focal image using Tombow markers, huffed on it to keep the image moist before stamping on the a|s Sugar CS and then stamped the border using the Labels Set. Cut the oval out, popped it up with foam and voila!


Images: a|s Snail & Co.
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, a|s Orange
Markers: Tombow
Paper: a|s Orange CS
Embellishment: Stickles, a|s Harlequin Embossing Die, Vintage Labels Die

No comments: