Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's Tini Time!

It's Tini Time!

I love those yummy martini's that taste good.  You know the ones that you find on those cute drink menus that have cool names.  I wonder who comes up with the names?  Can you imagine tasting them and deciding what to call them?  Does anyone know of someone who has that job?  Maybe in my college days that would have been a neat job but then the only martini's that were around then were the 'real' martini's made with olives and vermouth.   My favorite martini is the French Martini which is made with Chambord.  Yummy!!! You will have to try it and let me know what you think.

So now onto the card at hand.  Using my new A Muse Studio Tini Time and Swanky Backgrounds sets, which are two of the A Muse Studio July Spotlight featured sets, I made this card.

First, I stamped the background in Watermelon on the a|s Sugar CS using one of the images from the Swanky Backgrounds set. To me it looked a little like the olives so I thought it was perfect for the background.  The background also looks kind of retro, like those beads people used to hang in their doorways.


Second, I stamped the martini glass on Sugar CS using Memento TB and filled the glass with Apricot ink and an olive in Sage ink.  I outlined the glass with Copic Marker BG10 (gotta love that one for outlining - it really makes images POP).

I then mounted the background on some Sage CS that I stamped with a few olives at the bottom to match the olive in the martini glass.  For the card base I used the Watermelon CS which perfectly matches the Watermelon pigment ink!  I love that about A Muse Studio products - they are all so coordinated!!!

Last but not least was the addition of the 'What's shakin'?' sentiment.  The sentiment and martini glass are all from the Tini Time set, which has so many wonderful images.    The featured cardstock assortment this month is Sorbet which contains the Watermelon, Apricot, Papaya, Lichen and Sage colors.  So pretty.

How cute is this card!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love how retro and cool this card is!