Sunday, July 24, 2011

Celebrating Every Happy Hour

This weekend was a whirlwind of puppies!  My sister needed someone to watch her dog so my house was a two-dog house for the weekend.  Now my dog, Bijou, is a pure-bred Boxer who is FULL of energy.  She loves other dogs but they do not always like the way a Boxer plays.  They box!  Well thankfully for Bijou, Max, who is a Corgi-Papillon mix, held his own with her.

But by the end of the weekend I felt it!  Luckily there were some points during the day that I could sneak up to my scraproom followed closing by my 4-footed shadows and work on some cards.  Bijou was a little jealous so I had to make sure to give her more attention than I gave to Max but in the end I think she missed him when it was time for him to go home.  I am sure Max will be back!

About this card, I used the collage technique that I had previously posted to stamp the bottom of the card.  Using the A Muse Studio Swank Backgrounds images I masked off the card into three sections, both sides were masked leaving the middle exposed and the top 2/3 of the card was masked to prevent my stamping into the main area.  Using Versafine Onyx Black, I stamped the middle section.  Next I removed the left side mask and covered the center stamped area leaving some white space where I would later stamp the diamond image from the Tini Time set.  I repeated the same process for the right side.

To finish off the section I cut a 1/4" strip of Bermuda CS and adhered it with flat adhesive.  I then stamped two of the martini glasses on Sugar CS using Versafine Onyx Black and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I wanted some bright colors for the glasses so I used Copic Markers RV09 Fucshia and G02 Spectrum Green.  These were adhered to the card base using foam tape.  I added the 'Celebrate every happy hour!' sentiment and underlined it with some creative candy.

Overall a fairly quick card when you factor all the time it took to play with the puppies and make sure no ones nose got out of joint!

2 comments:

Novell said...

What a fun card!! I could go for a Cosmo about now...

Melissa said...

Great card! I love your masking technique with swanky backgrounds!