Saturday, June 11, 2011

SMILE - Recessed Window Card

The design for this card came to me while watching repeats of NCIS late last night.  I love that show!  It is one of my absolute favorite shows.  Mark Harmon has definitely aged well!!!

To make this card I punched three circles using the Marvy Yellow Scalloped punch.  I then stamped the heart image on three punched circles that I made using the Marvy Blue Scalloped Circle punch.  I foam taped the stamped circles behind each of the punch out circles, laced ribbon and twine through the buttons and adhered them using glue dots.  The sentiment was stamped on the back of the gingham CS (love reusing things!) and used foam tape to pop it up.  I am happy with the way this card came out.  I do not normally use buttons on my cards so this is a departure for me.  I will be using more of them since I participated in my A Muse Studio Button Buy In and now I have a great collection of gorgeous buttons.  So many colors and sizes to choose from!  I hope this card makes you SMILE!

Card details:
images: a|s Hearts A Plenty, Hand Scripted
inks: a|s Lemon Whip, Lichen, Shell, Sky
paper: a|s Sky Gingham
embellishments a|s buttons, misc. twine and ribbon

No comments: