Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Muse Studio Blog Hop - Create Your Own DSP

Hello and welcome to the monthly A Muse Studio Creative Consultant Blog Hop!

If you are participating in the blog hop, you should have come from Carla Mayfield's Blog and if not, then you should start from the beginning with Samantha's blog until you come to my blog.

This month's theme was to create your own DSP (Designer Series Paper). I had a lot of fun making this card! I love colors that pop and the black flowers really seem to pop off the paper, almost like they were floating! I used a scallop punch to mirror the scalloped flower to set off the sentiment. Something different to try!

My DSP inspiration came from a Technique Junkies technique - Millefiori. You should check out Technique Junkies while you are at it. They have some unbelievable techniques which go so well with A Muse Studio images!

Images: All A Muse Studio: Graphic Sunflower, Lots of Dots, Clever Girls, Essential Sentiments
Inks: a|s Bubblegum, a|s Ocean, a|s Sky, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: a|s Sugar CS, a|s Onyx CS
Now on to your next stop Tami Grandi's blog.

20 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Pretty! Love those colors!

Sherri Thacker said...

Love this color combos and yes, those flowers just jump off the page!! Love it!

Tami said...

the colors together look great!

Stamping Dana said...

Perfection!! I love everything about this card!!

Sassy said...

Love the overlap of colors.

VanessaB said...

wow! that really pops! BEAUTIFUL!!

Carla said...

You chose wonderful stamps to work with, they look awesome together!

Angie said...

The images does really look like they are coming off the card!

Kathy said...

I love this and agree about the flowers popping off the page. Thanks for sharing!

Lillian Child said...

This is so fabulous! Love the color combo.

I am now a follower of your blog. So very nice to meet you. Please stop by my blog sometime and say hello!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

liannallama said...

Such pretty colors together! I love the blues and blacks--it looks super! Thanks for the technique blog info.

Fuzzy Slippers said...

This is fabulous Pamela!!!!

Lori Barnett said...

COOL DP!!!

kari bell said...

fun! i like the scalloped sentiment oval going off the page.

Laurie Chilton said...

Pam love the colors that you used they look absolutely great together! Very nice card. :)

krismybliss said...

How fun your card is...love the color combo and elements. They look great together!

Karen said...

Amazing like all the cards you make! Love the pop of color using black.

Sue D said...

Fabulous background technique--great colors.

Kristen said...

Great contrast. I rarely use black in my designs, but whenever I have, I'm always really pleased with the result. I need to do it more often! (:

Glenda J said...

Love your home made DP! Great work!