Sunday, June 26, 2011

Inchies - Gotta love them!

Another A Muse Studio video by Julie Ebersole which shows her making a card using inchies. Inchies are 1-inch squares which you stamp an image on or cut an inchie from an image already stamped. You would be amazed how different an image can be when you take part of it away or only use part of it. A technique I have used is to cut a 1-inch square in the middle of a 3-inch square of paper and use it as a frame. Place this frame over a stamped image and move it around to get a peek at what an inchie could be! It is pretty cool!!!

Watch Julie's video and be inspired!

Here is my take on an inchie:
 I stamped my image from the a|s Ornate Elements set using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cut it into 5 1-inch squares.  I then popped them up with foam tape and added some Spica pen for accent (which unfortunately does not show well in the picture).  I mounted the squares on the Cherry Shimmer cardstock and adhered the strip to the Sugar cardstock.  I added texture using a score board and finished it off with a sentiment from the a|s Essential Sentiments set.

4 comments:

liannallama said...

This turned out so pretty! I bet it is stunning in person with all the sparkle!

VanessaB said...

that's really pretty :)

*Analyn* said...

very nice!!! :)

Julie Ebersole said...

Great take--I totally gotta try this!