Monday, June 13, 2011

Hearts A Plenty

Today is another lovely day in New England (NOT).  The weather is dreary with not much sun and it is cool.  Everything is VERY green!!!  My lawn is growing unchecked and will soon need to be mowed again.  The sun is supposed to make an appearance for an extended period of time sometime later this week.  I may begin growing moss soon.

But the upside to all this rainy weather means I do not have to feel guilty about spending time indoors stamping!  Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!  No, not really but why not make the best of the situation, right?  I have been playing with some of my new A Muse Studio sets and I am in heaven!  I am surrounded with lovely colors to play with and images that are a dream to stamp.  I am playing with images from the Hearts A Plenty set and with the wonderful ink colors it is a snap to come up with so many cards with little effort.  I got the idea for this card from another a|s consultant Kellie Maggio.  Thanks Kellie for the inspiration!  For the card I made below I first embossed the bottom two-thirds of the card base using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder.  I think this is my all time favorite embossing folder!  I then stamped the hearts in Bubblegum, Orange, Lime, Ocean and Blueberry.  Using a MS scallop punch to add detail to the Papaya Gingham CS I mounted the heart strip to it.  Adhered it flat to the Sugar card base, added Ocean ribbon and the Smile sentiment from the Hand Scripted set and the card was finished!


Card details: All products A Muse Studio unless specified
images: Hearts A Plenty, Hand Scripted
inks: Bubblegum, Orange, Lime, Ocean, Bluberry
paper: Sugar, Papaya Gingham
Embellishments: Ocean Sheer Ribbon

3 comments:

Karen said...

Totally beautiful card!

anne barclay said...

Great card, Pamela. I think I will be casing this one :)

Lori Barnett said...

Great idea! love how colorful it is. I hope you don't mind if I copy your idea ;)