Sunday, June 5, 2011

Background Kissing Example

This card is an example of the Background Kissing technique that the A Muse Studio Creative Consultants were challenged with to use in creating something, it did not have to be a card.

I demonstrated this technique yesterday at my stamp club and it got a lot of oohs and ahhs! I kind of felt like I was watching Toy Story with the little green alien toys! It was very funny!!! Anyway, this technique is very simple and produces awesome results.

What I did was ink up my images but before stamping onto the cardstock I stamped the image onto the a|s Mesh Background stamp which 'kisses' off some of the ink and transfers its texture to the image. When I stamped it onto the CS it make the image appear like it had a gingham pattern. There are so many possibilities that you can explore with this technique. You could choose to only do the kissing technique to the leaves and not the rose or vice versa. Think of all the background stamps you already have and what a great way to get more usage from them!

Card details:
images: a|s Wild Rose, a|s Essential Sentiments, a|s Vintage Labels
ink: a|s Fern, a|s Cranberry, Memento Tuxedo Black
embellishments: a|s Sugar Tiny Flower Ribbon, a|s Pretty Pearls

If you missed it - Here is the post of the video of Julie Ebersole demo'ing the Kissing Technique. Enjoy!

9 comments:

liannallama said...

What a pretty card! I love how you used the kissing to add texture and also by using the white flower ribbon on white! Great job!

VanessaB said...

GORGEOUS CARD!!!

Rod and Dena said...

I love this idea! I need to try it! Thanks for sharing!

theneatery said...

I love that you used the same "kiss" on both the leaves and petals. It almost looks like patterned paper.

Karen said...

I love how mine came out and how it gave it a gingham look!

JulieHRR said...

LOVE this application of the mesh background!!! Super cool!!!

Stamping Dana said...

Fab-U-Lous!!

Laurie Chilton said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the texture on the petals and leaves. :)

Lara said...

I love the kissing on the roses! It adds such a pretty depth to them.