Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Butterflies, Flowers and Plaids

I am on a roll! Today was finally a day where I got to see some sunshine. I was beginning to feel that I had moss growing on me. So much green all around and so little sun. I cannot imagine living someplace where it rains a lot. I love living in New England, even with all the snow!

So today I spent some time in my studio playing with one of my favorite a|s sets - Graphic Sunflower! It is so versatile and so much fun to play with. I also played withe the a|s Mad for Plaid and Snail & Co. sets. I am in love with Mad for Plaid! The image that I used on the cards below looks like ribbon on cards. The other images in the set are just as wonderful. I am going to concentrate on making different cards with that set to show how much you can do with it.

I have not spent much time using watercolor markers with my A Muse Studio stamps and today was the day to change that. Using my Tombow Markers I colored the stamps before putting them on paper. A little huffing on the stamp to moisten the ink and voila! - a beautiful card (if I do say so myself!). I love the softer look of using the markers.

Images: a|s Graphic Sunflower, a|s Celebrate in Style
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: a|s Sugar CS
Markers: Tombow
Embellishment: Stickles



Images: a|s Snail & Co., a|s Mad for Plaids
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: a|s Sugar CS
Markers: Tombow


Images: a|s A Very Merry Un-Birthday, a|s Mad for Plaids
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: a|s Sugar CS
Markers: Tombow
Embellishment: Stickles

2 comments:

Jeremy and Samantha said...

Wow a great set of CAS, thanks for sharing

kari bell said...

love the 3 butterflies right in a row!