Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week 5 - An Early Spring?


Well according to Punxsutawney Phil we are going to have an early spring. When I look out my window and see the almost three feet of snow on the ground I hope he is right.

The 5th week of Project 365 is now past and it was one filled with more snow, working from home every day and many late nights.

I have been working on my recipe scrapbook and will send it off to be printed this weekend. I now have 60 recipes and will add more soon. That is the great part of doing it digitally - I can move pages around with ease!

On Sunday I met some friends to make cards and had a great time. A Stampin' Up demo was there and we made three cards, one of which we used the owl punch to make penguins. It was so cool. This punch is very versatile which a few tweaks here and there you can make fish, tulips, aliens, penguins and ghosts. I, of course, had to get one and cannot wait to play with it!

Gerry celebrated his birthday this week. This is the first time we are celebrating one of our birthdays with our kids away at college. It was nice to use Skype to have them sing Happy Birthday with me. We are not a vocally endowed family so the more voices that sing, the better we sound (ha ha ha).

I am sure next week will be even more fun!
Page template: Christy Golema
Kit: A Work in Progress, Calendar Collection

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love it...and not because I'm in it! Spell check on Feb 2nd. I still have to buy the Feb elements to complete mine. I also can't wait to see your finished recipe book!

Frozenstamper said...

These pages are amazing! My daughter has been bugging me about doing our family's recipe's!