Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 4 - Snow, cold and more snow!

When I work on my Project 365 layouts at the end of the day it does not feel like time is flying by until you put that last picture and journaling in and realize another week has gone by.

Gerry and I have settled into a great routine and I am getting better at cooking for just the 2 of us. I have a love/hate relationship with leftovers (as do many of my siblings) so it is a challenge to decide when to freeze and when to just plan for another meal of the same food later on in the week. Don't get me wrong, some meals are great for leftovers but to me most seafood dishes are not. My husband loves salmon and when I am at the fish counter ordering it I am a sucker for when I ask for a lb of salmon and the person waiting on me cuts it too large that I say that is fine. It would be if my kids were home but with just the two of us, it can be a challenge. Gerry can only eat so much leftover salmon! Oh well - as I say it is a work-in-progress.

As we live in New England our weather is a big part of life. It has been an incredibly snowy and WICKED cold winter this year. It was -8 degrees F this week with the wind chill at -22 degrees F. What is going on? Who said something about global warming????? On top of the cold weather we had another big snowstorm on the 27th which added 12" more snow on top of what we already had. Driving is getting harder when you have to cross your fingers when you pull out of street that a car is not coming that was hidden from view by the enormous snowbank at the end of the street.

Gerry and I love doing puzzles and we have been working on one entitled 'Lighthouses of New England'. We both love lighthouses and since there are so many here in New England this puzzle is perfect for us! We have decided to visit as many as we can and will start by visiting a few in Maine when we go to Freeport this month to celebrate our birthdays. Many are on tiny islands off the coast and it is doubtful that we will be back to get close to them, certainly not this time of year anyway. It will be an adventure for us which we are looking forward to. We have seen a few of them already that are located in Mass. but will revisit those lighthouses and take pictures of them. It will be a fun project for me to scrapbook too!

We have another storm predicted for tomorrow, February 1st (Happy Birthday to my hubby!) which is supposed to end sometime on Thursday, February 3rd! The accumulation predicted is for most of the state is 14"-20". I have no idea where it is all going to go but it is safe to say we will not be seeing any green grass for a long time!


No comments: