Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 3 in Snowy Mass.

It has been quite a week for snow! It is now mid-January and we have had more snow now that we have all winter and we still have quite a bit more left of winter.

I spent a lot of time this week organizing. I have collected recipes for years and the pile was quite daunting. I had them in binders, in piles and even in email! It was a mess. So I spent quite a few hours sorting, recycling and organizing the recipes. What started out as one project morphed into create a digital recipe scrapbook. The undertaking will benefit my sons who will be living off campus sophomore year and will need to cook for themselves. So with a pared down recipe pile in hand I created 55 recipe pages complete with pictures. These 55 recipes I have all made and as I try the recipes that I kept in my 'to make' pile I will add to the book. I am pretty happy with the outcome!

Also this week our beloved New England Patriots lost to the New York Jets in their bid to go to the Superbowl. It was a bitter pill to swallow! On a brighter note my DH and I took a Zentangle class which was a lot of fun. It is amazing how many patterns there are and how easy it is to find patterns all around you to draw. It is true as well that it relieves stress! I cannot wait to make more of them!

Project 365 is proving to be a great way to document the everyday life of myself, my family and friends. It will be an interesting year! Now onto Week 4!

No comments: