Thursday, December 30, 2010

TJ's Just One December - Texture Plate Smoosh

I am on a roll! I'm in my second month of participating in the Technique Junkies Just One swap. I made this card using the Texture Plate Smoosh technique from the Dec. 2010/Jan. 2011 issue. This is a fun technique. A while ago (read LONG time ago) I had bought a pack of the Sizzix Texturz Texture Plates and sadly never got around to using them. I actually tried to sell them at a yard sale at scrapbooking retreat but there were no takers. I am so glad of that now!!! I have made a bunch of backgrounds using a few of the plates and have to say it is so easy to do!

Here is how I did it:
  1. Trim your white or cream cardstock to desired size. The recommended size in the newsletter was 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" but instead I cut mine to be a little bigger than the size of the plate.
  2. I chose three of the SU ink spots (Real Red, Yoyo Yellow and Only Orange) but any dye ink with work.
  3. Using the lightest color first I completely covered the plate. Then I dotted some Only Orange around the plate, followed by Real Red.
  4. The next step was to spritz the plate with water, the more you spritz the more the ink runs together.
  5. Take the cardstock and place it over the plate, rubbing lightly to absorb the ink. Remove and let dry.
  6. Trim as desired and VoilĂ , a fabulous background!
Sentiment: "Say it with flowers" by Melanie Muenchinger

No comments: