Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Cards for Shut-ins

My sister teaches Sunday School for the 6th - 8th grade at the church where I got married. To spread some holiday cheer she wanted her class to make Christmas cards for members who are shut-in.

I came up with 3 designs that I thought would be fairly easy to make. None of the kids who would be attending the class had never made cards before. I prepped all the supplies and my sister and I kitted all the cards into packs so it would be easy to keep everything together.

Unfortunately due to bad weather only 5 kids (3 girls and 2 boys) could make it. We were only able to get two of the designs made due to lack of time but a fun time was had by all.


Stamp: Penny Black Starlit
The was the first card that the class made. There was a little problem with the Simple Stick adhering to the background ink so we switched to using a Glue Pad.


My niece helped make some of this card to insure we had enough.



Stamp: Stampin' Up Snow Swirled Set
This was the second card the class made. Since they were now familiar with the techniques this one went very quickly. The only issue was making sure that the Stickles were used correctly. Less is more here when taking into account drying time!

My niece helped make some of these to insure we had enough.



Stamp: Memory Box Poinsettia - Limited Edition.
The class never made it to this card. We just ran out of time. It is amazing how quickly a hour can go by!

To insure we had enough cards for all the members my niece and my sister helped make these with me.

No comments: