Friday, January 29, 2010

Herringbone Technique

I subscribe to the Technique Junkies newsletter. Every time I get a new issue I am amazed and awed by the talent these women have! How do they come up with all these ideas??? I have tried a few of the techniques and love the results. I tend to shy away from ones that have many supplies that I do not have. I want to use all the stuff I already own without having to go buy more. This year I pledged to myself that I would use my stash and so far I am doing pretty well on it.

So last night I had my friends Karen and Cheryl over to make some cards. In the latest issue of the TJ's newsletter (Dec. 2009/Jan. 2010) features the Herringbone Technique (page 5) by Club Scrap. I have seen so many great cards using this technique come through on the Yahoo group that goes along with the subscription. I wanted to show my friends how to do it.

Here are the cards I made:


2 comments:

jenn shurkus said...

love the flower pot one pamela!!! beautiful :)

i used to subscribe to technique junkies forever ago.. glad to see they are still cranking away.... will have to look into it again ;)

Karen said...

That was such a fun technique! Thanks for hosting and teaching me something new...LOVE LOVE LOVE your cards!