Monday, August 17, 2009

Watercoloring - the joy of it!


As a little girl I loved to watercolor and with stamping I was able to rediscover how much fun it is! There is something very satisfying about it. Playing with the colors and shadows and knowing that no matter how hard you try you will never get two images to come out the same. The amount of water, color and touch vary each time and the effect is wonderful.

This card is one that I made last night and I am pretty happy with the way it came out. I used watercolor markers on dry Canson watercolor paper and with a wet brush moved the colors around until I was happy with the results. I stamped the image and watercolored it, finishing with some accents using a glitter pen and ribbon, which I colored with my Copic markers to get just the right shade of purple. Lastly I dry embossed the notecard using a Cuttlebug folder. I just love them!

I have a stack of stamps that I want to work with while I am on vacation. I can't wait!

Image: Penny Black
Ink: Memories Black
Marvy LePlume markers, Copic markers, Sakura Glitter Pen
Notecard: Memory Box
Paper: Canson Watercolor paper

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Hi Pamela!

This is beautiful! Love your color combination. Enjoy your vacation. Today is my last day of vacation, and then tomorrow I start a new job!

Dawn said...

What? Gorgeous card! I really love your watercoloring. Totally jealous because I can't seem to get that technique right! Wow!

njburk said...

Pamela--this is stunning! Love the colors you used in it.