Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Dash

Everyone’s tombstone will have two dates separated by a dash. That little dash is your time on this planet measured against eternity. How do you plan to live out that dash?

How I plan to live out that dash! I love to make plans. The ones I have made for my future are many! Here are some of them, not in order of importance, of course!

  • Retire when I am 55.
  • Keep myself healthy so I always have choices in all that I do!
  • Travel with my DH whenever the mood strikes us.
  • Celebrate 50 years of marriage. A couple more years and we will be half way there!
  • Attend our kids college graduation ceremonies.
  • Welcome our future daughter-in-laws into our family.
  • See our grandchildren come into this world. This assumes that our sons will have kids at some point, at least 10 years from now.
  • See our grandchildren graduate from college.
  • I plan on being called 'Great Grammy' like our kids used to call my grandmother!
It is hard thinking of one's own mortality! I only hope that in the end any regrets that I might have are completely overshadowed by the joy I have gotten out of living my life the way I plan to.
So far things are going well!

1 comment:

Geeta said...

Nice post Pamela. Good things to think about.