Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Act Your Age

If you could go back to any age again, how old would you want to be and why? What age would you least like to be and why?

If I could go back to any age again I would want to be 28. I was 28 I became a mother of my twin sons. I would like to relive what was left of my pregnancy (a few months). I really enjoyed being pregnant! I would like to experience my sons being babies again and as it were "stop and smell the roses".

I am currently scrapbooking when my sons were little and the pictures make me yearn for the days when they were small and loved to cuddle. Oh how cute they were! Before they became self conscious of how they look when they smile. I miss the baby smells (well... maybe not all of them). You do not realize at the time how much you will miss, that the time will come when it does not seem so hard.

So now for the age(s) I would not like to relive again. Like many people I know, I would not like to relive most of my teenage years. Those awkward, goofy years where you hated the way you looked, dealing with all those zits and wishing you were older. Those awful haircuts (and perms) that I had. Going to my Junior Prom not looking like myself. My mother having put this awful blue eyeshadow on me that matched my dress and hating my hair! Oh, those were not the days!!! But as hard as it was, it has made me who I am today. I am happy with who I am and the wonderful family and friends I have been blessed with.

2 comments:

CraftyEngineer said...

TWINS, egads!!!! Pamela, this is such a nice post. It's nice to be reminded. I'm in the "small children" always around me phase. I try to snug them up as much as I can but I know it's not going to be forever. Okay, this post is going to make me cry...Thanks for your post.

Karen said...

Awww...thanks for sharing. It brought me back and I can totally relate. Keep on scrapping those pics!