Monday, February 25, 2008

My Name

Names are big with me. I always try to refer to people by the name they introduce themselves with. I prefer to be called by my full name, Pamela. It was not something that really mattered to me until I became an adult so my family and older friends (not that they are old!) still call me Pam. I laugh when my DH tries to remember to call me Pamela. And do not EVEN think of calling me Pammy!!! There were only two people (my mother and grandmother) who could get away with that.

Now - how many people in the U.S. have the same name as you do?

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
18
people with my name
in the U.S.A.
How many have your name?

2 comments:

Tobey Shepherd said...

Hey Pamela, there are 0 (zero) yes, 0 people with my name in the US, yes, I knew I was unique!! interestingly enough there must be something wrong with them as there were zero people with my first name!! I know what you mean about people calling you by your full first name...I hate it when people shorten names when you tell them the name you want to be called!

Pamela S. Wade said...

Hi Pamela! Another Pamela here! There are 253 people in the U.S. with my name...yikes! I grew up with everyone calling me Pam and most everybody calls me that now too, but my hubby does call me Pamela!! He was a Billy all his life but I call him William! We're so formal, you know! :o) I found your blog through Becky's blog! ~~Pam (I just realized that I sign all of my little comments as ~~Pam....so much for wanting to be called Pamela! I really do like it better though! ~~Pamela