Saturday, February 2, 2008

Favorite Book/CD

Imagine that you could only keep one book and CD with your for the rest of your life. What would you choose?

This was a hard question for me to answer. I love books and have a wide variety of literature that I read. Many times I read to be purely entertained (Stephanie Plum). I have read some disturbing books (Kite Runner), many fantasy books (Harry Potter) and lastly children's books (Green Eggs and Ham). To choose one from all that I have read is really hard.

My taste in music is as varied as my taste in books. In iTunes right now there are over 2200 songs in my playlist. Most are from the CDs that we have accumulated over the years but then a good number where purchases from iTunes. It is amazing how quickly you can amass a large collection. I have classical, holiday, rock, pop, alternative, hip-hop and a few rap thrown in for good measure.

So now for my choices:

My book choice is The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg. My CD choice is Bing Crosby Christmas.

The reason for selecting this book is that 1) Christmas is my favorite holiday and 2) we have a family tradition of reading a story on Christmas Eve. This book will stand the test of time and is something I will read to my grandchildren if I should be so blessed in the future when my children start their families (which I hope will be at least 10 years from now).

The reason for the Bing Crosby CD follows the reasoning in my book choice. I love Christmas music and could listen to it all year round if it weren't for the complaints I get my from family. I also think Bing Crosby typifies the holidays for me.

So while not the most cerebral choices they are near and dear to my heart.

No comments: