Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 is here!

Well the new year is here and off with a bang, or should I say storm? We had ANOTHER snow storm today after getting another couple of inches 2 days ago. I know living in New England I should be used to this but we have had so many in the past couple of weeks! By the time February comes around we will have no place left to put all the snow. Oh well, such is life in NE.

I spent part of today making cards and doing that proverbial New Year's activity, ORGANIZING!!! My craft room (aka my kids playroom) needed some cleanup after the holidays and now it is looking a little better. At least the table space is usable. Next will be to tackle the scrapbooking pile to get ready for the ScrapShare retreat coming up in March. I am really looking forward to a weekend of dedicated scrapping time. I get some of my best work done at retreats!

Here is my New Year's to-do list (in no particular order of importance):
1. Spend more time at the gym (cliche I know but I have been doing it for the past few weeks and I like how I feel when I am done working out). A bonus is that I get to spend time with my hubby while working out.
2. Use up my supplies before buying new stuff. This is going to be a hard one. I tend to be a collector of supplies and need to work on being a consumer of my supplies.
3. De-stress my life. No sweating the small stuff is a lesson I need to work on.
4. Accept that there are things about people I love that I cannot change. As my sister says "It is what it is.". So true!

I know there should be more things of my list. But for now this is a good starting point.

No comments: